Pages: Prev. 1 2 3
RSS
I got an email from Gmail, does it affect The Bat?

Hi Daniel, I agree with you. No way to predict how google will handle its approach to security.

But my question is more for the team that develops TheBat. Is this solution their best advice on how to handle this at this point? or perhaps they know some other way that would be more stable over time?

I will wait to see if somebody knows this, otherwise, I will just ask the question through a support ticket.  

Vper, I don't know why you're being so anxious over Gmail and The Bat. Gmail had announced that they would require OAUTH2 starting June 2022 and guess what.. they did!  I don't understand how that should cause you to think that Gmail is somehow suspicious of The Bat. Nothing that Gmail did had any relation to The Bat.

Anyway, Ritlabs made sure that The Bat would be able to deal with the new requirement, and they published their recommended settings for Gmail in the PSA that George shared above: Setting up Gmail in The Bat!  You are certainly free to contact Support, but do you genuinely believe that they would recommend these settings if they knew of a better way?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel,

I am not anxious about google or Thebat. I just like need clear answers.

What I did not know before is what you are telling me now, and that is exactly what I was wondering about.

you said: "Ritlabs made sure that The Bat would be able to deal with the new requirement, and they published their recommended settings for Gmail in the PSA that George shared above: Setting up Gmail in The Bat! "  Thank you!

That Ritlabs 25 Mayo 2022 statement about OAuth 2.0. makes it clear.

Unfortunately, my search on the internet about the problem did not bring me to that important recent statement from Ritlabs, but instead, I landed on this forum (and not on the first page), so I had not seen your May 26 post and therefor did not know that the solution was official, so to speak.  

By the way.. my experience with TheBat for a long time is that they always have a good solution, even though sometimes it is hard to find it when a problem comes.

I hope this solution is publicized more because I am sure is giving headaches to many.  

Logini on Gmail 16-07-2022 when the window in step 5 popped out:

Login failed
The browser or application may not be secure.
Please try a different browser. If you're already using a supported browser, try signing in again.

I can understand your frustrations, I think a few years ago, I and a lot of others had similar problems when Gmail changed something, TheBat didn't so either wait for a fix or stop using Gmail or stop using TheBat.

teatv.ltd
hellodear.in
Edited: bataraha bataraha - 20 July 2022 20:17:56

The Bat! suddenly stopped downloading mail via pop3, so I removed The Bat! from Gmail's authorized apps in hope to be able to re-authorize via The Bat!'s OAUTH window but I can't get it to open this window again, how do I force it?  

RangoX: I don't know, but have you tried simply changing the authentication method in The Bat from OAUTH to something else, and then back again? (maybe closing and reopening The Bat inbetween, or even rebooting the whole PC)
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Issues with googlemail accounts (possibly related to using OAUTH)

About 3-4 day ago now, that would have been around September 3rd 2022 (possibly earlier and I just overlooked it), The Bat! 10.0.3 has been behaving strangely, i.e. I am seeing it crash to desktop after launching, or showing massive amounts of "Access Violation at address" windows when I try to do anything in the program. Yesterday I seem to have "lucked out" for a short while and The Bat! let me create a full account backup (just in case). I tried launching the app with and without /nologo... using /nologo seems to slightly improve the situation, but not much.
So, I manually downloaded and installed the latest 64bit version of The Bat! v10.1 and rebooted and ran that. Same problems. Today, the app directly just crashes to desktop, no "Access Violation at address" dialogues are shown.

I think I may have narrowed down the issue. I have set up my googlemail accounts (2 of them) and a third one that is on t-online.de, to automatically check for new emails and download them when I launch The Bat!. And the issues seem to happen when the app is trying to log in and download emails for my googlemail accounts, download of emails for the t-online.de account seems to work fine.
The app is showing the name of my GoogleMail account in to status bar of the app... and is performing "FETCH - Initiating TSL handshake"... this is with "/nologo" not set... and The Bat! then freezes. Using /nologo as a launch parameter, shows

"FETCH - Issuer: US, Google Trust Services LLC, GTS CA 1C3."

but then The Bat! crashes directly to the desktop. No warning or error.

I suspect that turning the googlemail accounts to OAUTH... something I posted about a few pages back in this thread (and that worked for me up to a few days now)... and The Bat! is not working any longer. Making The Bat! unstable. Possibly on the googlemail side of things.

I am guessing if I could get The Bat! to not crash on launch again, I could then turn off the auto-retrieve of emails for both my googlemail accounts and thus try to narrow down the issue some more.

Question: Does The Bat! have a "safe mode" that would just launch the app, but not download emails?

Maybe I should try and install the 32bit version of The Bat! and run that instead?

So, has anyone else with a googlemail account recently had issues like that?

Thanks.

Update: extra info
  • - I am launching The Bat! v10.1 via the new executable called: C:\Program Files\The Bat!\TBLauncher64.exe
  • - I just checked both my googlemail.com accounts via web-interface, there they did want me to "Allow smart features in Gmail, Chat and Meet to use your data" I did "continue" that, and then "Personalize other Google products with your Gmail, Chat, and Meet data"... I set that to "Use limited". The dialogue was blocking the web interface so you really seem to have to do something here. Did not help with The Bat! issues though.
  • - I also went to the googlemail.com Security Checkup -> Sign-in & revovery -> Recovery email
    they wanted to me to verify an email. And I did. Just in case that was somehow causing issues. But The Bat! continues to have problems retrieving googlemail emails.
  • - As a side info, apparently both my googlemail accounts do not have a single new email available, so The Bat! technically would not have to download any emails anyway.
  • - Googlemail itself did not send me any warning / error / bug etc. emails either, i.e. about changing POP3 external access or the like.
Edited: AEon - 07 September 2022 10:54:02

AEon wrote:
Question: Does The Bat! have a "safe mode" that would just launch the app, but not download emails?

My first thought (without checking whether TB! has something like a safe mode): Try disconnecting your computer from the Internet completely and then running TB!

I would start by rebooting Windows into Safe+Networking mode, and then try again. Maybe some 3d party software (anti-malware) is interfering with your connections to the mail server.

Miloš Radovanović wrote:
AEon wrote:

My first thought (without checking whether TB! has something like a safe mode): Try disconnecting your computer fr om the Internet completely and then running TB!
Thank you so much, that really helped me narrow down the issue. The last time I unhooked the internet intentionally was more  than 20 years ago, so it really did not occur to me that that might work.

I did so and The Bat! v10.1 launches just fine, no  apparent issues. The first thing I did was turn off the automatic email retrieval for both googlemail accounts via:
  • Sel ect the account name, then right-click Properties,
  • under Options,
  • set "Check mailbox at start-up" from ON to OFF.
  1. A quick test reconnecting the internet again, shows that The Bat! launches without problem,
  2. and also seems work with the t-online.de account, when auto-retrieving email.
  3. I then did an F2 (Account->Get New Mail) on my secondary googlemail account and that seemed to work just fine as well... (checks for the number of emails via Connection Centre window, etc.)
  4. Then finally I did an F2 on my primary googlemail account, The Bat! opened the Connection Centre window and then does a check mail:
  • Server: pop.gmail.com / POP3
  • Server: Connecting to host
  • Time: [Elapse: 00:00:00]
  • and freezes The Bat! there.
So the issue does not seem to pertain to goolemail per se, but to my main googlemail account.

Testing primary googlemail account:
  • An F2 "Get New Mail" crashes The Bat! every time.
  • When I try to send out an email from that account The Bat! crashes, and then strangely enough relaunches automatically.
  • Sent an email from my secondary googlemail account to my primary one, to see if The Bat! per se might have issues, it does not, sending out the email works just fine. So it's really just my main googlemail account.
Now I looked into the account logs for both accounts, AppData\Roaming\The Bat!\xyz GoogleMail\ACCOUNT_LOG.TXT and noted when hitting F2 that the secondary one shows a complete log:
Code
 2022-09-07, 11:51:15: FETCH - receiving mail messages
2022-09-07, 11:51:15: FETCH - Connecting to POP3 server pop.gmail.com on port 995
2022-09-07, 11:51:15: FETCH - Initiating TLS handshake
>2022-09-07, 11:51:15: FETCH - Certificate S/N: 00D8FB7C156EB6688212CBE4D3A8C6D5AF, algorithm: 1.2.840.10045.2.1 (256 bits), issued from 8/15/2022 8:24:40 AM to 11/7/2022 8:24:39 AM, for 1 host(s): pop.gmail.com.
>2022-09-07, 11:51:15: FETCH - Owner: pop.gmail.com.
>2022-09-07, 11:51:15: FETCH - Issuer: US, Google Trust Services LLC, GTS CA 1C3.
2022-09-07, 11:51:15: FETCH - TLS handshake complete
2022-09-07, 11:51:15: FETCH - connected to POP3 server
2022-09-07, 11:51:15: FETCH - authenticated (OAUTH2)
2022-09-07, 11:51:16: FETCH - 0 messages in the mailbox, 0 new
2022-09-07, 11:51:16: FETCH - connection finished - 0 messages received
whereas the primary one only gets to the "TLS handshake complete" line and then crashes:
Code
 2022-09-07, 11:50:34: FETCH - receiving mail messages
2022-09-07, 11:50:34: FETCH - Connecting to POP3 server pop.gmail.com on port 995
2022-09-07, 11:50:34: FETCH - Initiating TLS handshake
>2022-09-07, 11:50:34: FETCH - Certificate S/N: 00D8FB7C156EB6688212CBE4D3A8C6D5AF, algorithm: 1.2.840.10045.2.1 (256 bits), issued from 8/15/2022 8:24:40 AM to 11/7/2022 8:24:39 AM, for 1 host(s): pop.gmail.com.
>2022-09-07, 11:50:34: FETCH - Owner: pop.gmail.com.
>2022-09-07, 11:50:34: FETCH - Issuer: US, Google Trust Services LLC, GTS CA 1C3.
2022-09-07, 11:50:34: FETCH - TLS handshake complete
(I had an issue with my 3rd email account wh ere renaming the account itself or sub-folders therein led to The Bat! not working, something about read/write access. Back then I had to completely delete the "foobar" account from The Bat, then go in and manually also delete the corresponding "AppData\Roaming\The Bat!\foobar" account folder via file browser for The Bat! to recover from the hiccup.)

Here the results of an F2 on the main account, fr om the AppData\Roaming\The Bat!\TheBat_Exceptions.log file:

Hidden Text

Any further tips on what might be going wrong with the primary googlemail account are appreciated.

Thanks.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
I would start by rebooting Windows into Safe+Networking mode, and then try again. Maybe some 3d party software (anti-malware) is interfering with your connections to the mail server.
Thanks for that tip...

since disconnecting the internet, and all further tests from then on worked. I.e. my 2nd googlemail account continues to work just fine, it seems to be The Bat! & my primary account specific. And that even though until a few days ago everything worked just fine. And I do not recall messing around with anything in The Bat! (Well I did manually update from The Bat! 64bit v10.0.3 to v10.1 come to think of it, but the issues were there already before that update.)

AEon wrote:
Any further tips on what might be going wrong with the primary googlemail account are appreciated.

I'm glad you're making progress. I don't use GMail through TB! so I can't offer much help going further. Only some tips on what to try next:
- Play around with Options -> S/MIME and TLS...
- See if something can be done with Google's certificate in the Address Book (probably not, but who knows)
- "Unauthenticate" TB! and authenticate it again in GMail
- Do a fresh install of TB! on a different machine and try connecting to the problematic account

If I were to pick one suspect, it would be a (corrupted) certificate.

AEon wrote:
Thanks for that tip...

since disconnecting the internet, and all further tests fr om then on worked. I.e. my 2nd googlemail account continues to work just fine, it seems to be The Bat! & my primary account specific. And that even though until a few days ago everything worked just fine. And I do not recall messing around with anything in The Bat! (Well I did manually update fr om The Bat! 64bit v10.0.3 to v10.1 come to think of it, but the issues were there already before that update.)

You have pin-pointed wh ere the error occurs, but not what its cause is. By following up on my suggestion, you may still be able to figure out whether the error is external to The Bat (i.e. caused by 3d party software), or caused by The Bat or Windows itself.

Now that you have the precise access violation error details in TheBat_Exceptions.log, you can also submit your problem to Ritlabs' tech support (see Support menu on top of this page), who can see what their software was doing exactly when the violation occurred.  

However, the first thing that I would do at this stage is simply to compare the account settings for both Gmail accounts, to see if there's a difference that might explain why only one of them crashes.

You have pin-pointed wh ere the error occurs, but not what its cause is. By following up on my suggestion, you may still be able to figure out whether the error is external to The Bat (i.e. caused by 3d party software), or caused by The Bat or Windows itself.

Now that you have the precise access violation error details in TheBat_Exceptions.log, you can also submit your problem to Ritlabs' tech support (see Support menu on top of this page), who can see what their software was doing exactly when the violation occurred.  

However, the first thing that I would do at this stage is simply to compare the account settings for both Gmail accounts, to see if there's a difference that might explain why only one of them crashes.

Thanks for the feedback. OK, for the first time ever on Windows 10, I entered safe mode + networking. And then launched The Bat!... then hit F2 to retrieve the emails for that account. And it got stuck on the Connection Centre window, as described a few posts up. Side note: I manually run Windows Defender once a day, so I am not using 3rd-party  anti-malware software.

Will send the the data to  to Ritlabs' tech support.

Compared my working secondary googlemail account with the primary one that crashes (Account Properties). Other than the name of the accounts and the "email they connect to", I set up both accounts to use the exact same settings. And since I did not mess with these settings, it would have very much surprised me if there was a notable difference between the accounts. Especially, since about a week ago both accounts still worked fine. Changed one setting, that made The Bat! not crash for a while, until it started to crash again. See next post...

This leads me to think that something (AFAICT) you cannot (easily) look up between the two accounts differs:
1. First guess is that the local files of primary account are somehow "locked" or "broken", and that that makes The Bat! encounter something unexpected and crash.

Question: Does The Bat! have a feature that lets you check the local file integrity for an account?

2. Or as Miloš suggests - and as I have been suspecting - something with the OAUTH authentication is broken. And that makes The Bat! crash.

Ideas:

a) I will turn off OAUTH for the primary account (Milos: "Unauthenticate" TB! and authenticate it again in GMail") and then re-authenticate
the account with a new code/password from googlemail. Personally, I really hope that is the issue.

b) Another idea I have is to create a completely new account in The Bat!, but that points at the same primary googlemail email, and OAUTH that. (Using all the same primary account settings.) This way I should be able to rule out or not if there is something wrong with the local files for the primary account, since a clean new account should "just work". I hope. If that works, I would never again use the primary account in The Bat! in regards to connecting to the googlemail servers, it would just be an archive account, and further primary email "transport" would happen with the clean differently named account in The Bat!.

Side note: I had the suspicion that maybe there was some infected file on the googlemail server, and The Bat! was trying to download that email, notices that it is infected, and tries to block the download, but something then goes wrong. Well, I used the web-interface on the primary googlemail account and at the time there was not a single email on the server. I also deleted some junk in the Spam folder there. To no avail though.
Edited: AEon - 08 September 2022 13:46:54

Update: Under Options->Confirm immediate sending,  my 2nd account that works has that *not* set, the primary account had it  set. I changed that entry and relaunched The Bat!, hit F2 on the  primary account and The Bat! no longer crashes. Turned that option back on and still F2 does not crash the app. Keeping the setting off though.
  • Now the primary account just does not download any emails from the server. The whole "authenticated" bit is not happening:
  • Code
    (1)
    2022-09-08, 10:31:17: FETCH - TLS handshake complete  
    2022-09-08, 10:31:17: FETCH - connected to POP3 server  
    2022-09-08, 10:31:17: FETCH - connection finished - 0 messages received

• as compared to the working secondary account's log:
    Code
    (2)
    2022-09-07, 11:51:15: FETCH - TLS handshake complete 
    2022-09-07, 11:51:15: FETCH - connected to POP3 server 
    2022-09-07, 11:51:15: FETCH - authenticated (OAUTH2) 
    2022-09-07, 11:51:16: FETCH - 0 messages in the mailbox, 0 new 
    2022-09-07, 11:51:16: FETCH - connection finished - 0 messages received

So on my primary account I set the

• Account menu -> Properties -> Transport -> Receive mail -> Authentication to regular (from OAUTH)
    and then closed The Bat! and relaunched it. Then hit F2, and the log looked like above box (1), i.e. the authentication did not work and was skipped. That was to be expected.
  • Turned Account menu -> Properties -> Transport -> Receive mail -> Authentication to OAUTH
    closed The Bat!, relaunched it. And then hit F2 on the account again... yields box (1)... the problems seems to be that The Bat! does no force you to get a new authentication code from googlemail, instead it reuses the one you set previously (accidentally tested this on the working 2nd googlemail account)
Apparently, the Authentication AOUTH code for my primary account is somehow broken and I need to get a new one.

So I think I need to use the web-interface and go into my primary account and delete the remote authentication OAUTH "code" set there, to let me get another new code via The Bat!? I seem to recall someone in this thread posting that he could not get The Bat! to ask for another authentication OAUTH code, i.e. the dialogue would not show up to ask for such a code. Any ideas?
Edited: AEon - 08 September 2022 11:58:54

Good! The fact that the problem is internal to The Bat (or Windows) means that Ritlabs should be able to reproduce it if you report this to them.
It's interesting that a seemingly unrelated setting (Confirm Immediate Sending) somehow invokes the error..

As for the OAUTH token, I suspect that Google will require a token refresh if you simply change your Google account password (which is also your gmail password).

Good! The fact that the problem is internal to The Bat (or Windows) means that Ritlabs should be able to reproduce it if you report this to them.
It's interesting that a seemingly unrelated setting (Confirm Immediate Sending) somehow invokes the error..

As for the OAUTH token, I suspect that Google will require a token refresh if you simply change your Google account password (which is also your gmail password).

I did some more testing:

- I created a new TheBat! account but to the same primary email address. And set things to automatic (while creating that new account). The Bat! automatically set that new account to IMAP...  The Bat! did ask for me to log into the googlemail account and get the OAUTH token. And I did get IMAP access to my account. But since I wanted POP3 access I deleted that The Bat! account again.

- Next I created another new email account in The Bat!, this time I did not use "auto" mode, I chose "IMAP or POP3" instead, and was able to set things up the way I wanted. Interestingly this automatically set up an OAUTH authentication setting under Account Properties. I copied all the settings from the primary account (gmaccount1) to this third googlemail account (gmaccount3). Relauchend The Bat!, just in case. And then hit F2 on gmaccount3. The Bat! opened up a window and let me connect to googlemail.com to get the OAUTH token (code), I copied it over to The Bat!, and then used F2 again to download the emails. And everything just works. I also sent out an email using gmaccount3 to gmaccount2, that also worked.

- I noted that you can sel ect several emails (messages) in e.g. gmaccount1 (the broken account) and copy them over to gmaccount3 (the new one) via Ctrl+V and that works just fine. I recreated most of the folders from gmaccount1 in gmaccount3... and will use this new account from now on.

Strange things I am still wondering about though:

1. Using the web-interface of googlemail account you can check on the status of external apps and security:
  • - click on "Google Account" button (the coloured button in the top right)
  • - click on "Manage your Google Account"
  • - click on the "Security" vertical tab
  • - scroll down to "Third-party apps with account access":    The Bat!    Has access to Gmail, Google Contacts
  • -> click on Manage third-party access
  • - On the  Apps with access to your account (page), under Third-party apps with account access
  • -> click on The Bat!
  • Here you can "remove access". I am guessing this will delete the OAUTH token.
Now in this interface you will also shown when The Bat!'s access was granted, for me that was sometime in May 2022 (i.e. when google was making OAUTH authentication mandatory)... the thing is, I called up that token 2 times today, once for the botched IMAP account (that I then deleted) and once for the present gmaccount3 account with POP3.

Since the date of the granted access for The Bat! was not updated to September 8 2022, it suggests that googlemail is sending out the very same token as long as the email account/pw and the app stay the same. (Alas I did not verify if the token was exactly the same). This would suggest that the broken gmaccount1 account and the current gmaccount3 account both still are using the same token from google.

If so, is the token for gmaccount1 just locally broken, and The Bat! does not / cannot ask for an update? Or is gmaccount1 broken in some other way?

Question: How does one force The Bat! to require the OAUTH token fr om googlemail again? (for gmaccount1)

2. I wonder what Support will come up with regarding the crashes (access violations)?
  • A currupt local token might very well lead to crashes when The Bat! assumes it is working with a functional one.
  • Another thing I felt was possibly suspecious is the use of filters. I use 15 or so on them on gmaccount1, whereas for gmaccount3 there are presently none. I looked through the filters for gmaccount1 and found one that was supposed to move an inbox message into a folder that no longer existed. I deleted that filter, but it did not help.
  • And I still suspect something is up with the local files of the gmaccount1.
Anyway, thanks for reading, and at least for now I have a solution to the problem that lets me use my primary email account via The Bat! again.

Good to hear that you have found a workaround! I can't answer your questions about the tokens, but then, we don't even know if those were the problem.

As for your filters, you can copy and paste them from the Sorting Office of account 1 to that of account 3 as well (but you'll likely have to edit them afterwards to make them use the correct account and folders).

I had a long discussion with support and finally I was able to get my primary googlemail account to work again. Then the secondary one briefly acted up, but it is presently also working. The main idea from support was that the MESSAGES.TBB and MESSAGES.TBN files of my primary account's Inbox folder may have been corrupted. Here the step by step, from Support, if this issue occurs for someone else:
  • 1. Create a new folder in your 1st account
  • 2. Copy all messages from the Inbox folder in the new folder (Ctrl+A, then Ctrl+C)
  • 3. Close The Bat!
  • 4. Open your mail folder via "Start -> Run -> %email% -> OK"
  • 5. Access the folder of your 1st account
  • 6. Open the Inbox folder
  • 7. Delete MESSAGES.TBB and MESSAGES.TBN files
  • 8. Launch The Bat! - your Inbox folder will be empty now. Try to receive new mail now.
Ironically,  as it turns out, I use a relatively complex set of sub-folders (even sub-sub-folders, 30+ of them) inside of the \Inbox... this may not be ideal. Using Ctrl+Shift+Cursor-keys I selected these folders one-by-one and moved them into a newly created top level folder called \Archive. I did not "Delete MESSAGES.TBB and MESSAGES.TBN files" at this point, but did a F2 (Get New Mails) and everything worked again. It seems that moving about the folder structure in The Bat! (to neaten up things), can/may have side effects. In this case fixing my issue. I later did delete the two files as mentioned in point 7. and everything continued to work. I.e. no more crashes and the download/sending of emails worked again on the primary googlemail account.

Tangent: Now here I want to mention some strange things that in the end actually helped me recover messages/emails that I thought I had lost in May 2022 (using The Bat! v9 back then, presently using v10.1). Apparently there are mechanisms in The Bat! to hide folders and to show them again. Well in May 2022 I used the Ctrl+Shift+Cursor-keys to move around quite a few folders from my primary account. And at some point, i.e. after relaunching The Bat! these were sudden gone. When clicking on folders/an account you can right-click and Find Lost Folders... that should have found my "lost" folders, but as I tested this yesterday, it did not. Now by moving everything out of the primary account's \Inbox there should no longer be any local files there (except for MESSAGES.TBB and MESSAGES.TBN). Turns out, when you check your local files (on the HDD) via %email% path for the primary account, that the \Inbox folder actually contained several folders, and was not empty at all. Inspecting these turned out to be The Bat! folders that I had lost due to a "glitch". Luckily, The Bat! lets you use
  • Tools menu -> Import Messages -> From The Bat! message base v2 (.TBB)
to import the MESSAGES.TBB file that every one of those lost folders contains manually. Thus all this huha let me find and re-import my lost messages/emails. And I am really thankful for that. I am still not clear what was going on here, but I suspect the very powerful ability to move around The Bat! folders in the accounts via Ctrl+Shift+Cursor-keys, can lead to unexpected side effects. Well, in my case at least, that happened twice now (once losing folders, once fixing the Inbox getting message crashes).

Tangent 2: Now after all that, I wanted to send an email from the secondary gmaccount2, to the primary one gmaccount1 (as a test), but suddenly the gmaccount2 is asking me to fill in a password, even though it is running via OAUTH authentication for email receive *and* send. Now, just a few hours ago I updated the properties for that account
  • gmaccount2 -> Properties -> Options -> Check mailbox at start-up
from on to off. I re-launched The Bat! but issue is still there. Turned gmaccount2 receive authentication to "regular", as a test, this let me re-enter the account's gm server password under properties. Tested again, failed. Switched receive authentication back to OAUTH, re-launched The Bat! and still it did not work. Apparently, after another re-launch of The Bat!, when I wanted to write up a bug report to support, and me testing sending of emails on gmaccount2, suddenly everything worked again. No asking for passwords. Email send and receive work.
Now I suspect that The Bat! (even v10.1 I am using) glitches out sometimes when you change the properties of an googlemail account. And only after some "fiddling" and re-launches The Bat! fixes itself again.

Context:
Please note, I have been using The Bat! for more than 20 years, and some of the accounts on there are from over 20 years ago. The two googlemail accounts are 14+ and 13 years old. So in all that time backupping the account, then reimporting them into a new PC build (twice) over all these years is bound to lead to issues... but up until the beginning of September 2022, I never had such problems. So is this also my fault for using The Bat! for such a long time continuously? In part probably yes.

Summary:
1. I would recommend you do not archive/sort *all* your emails/messages into \Inbox, as I did. Instead create new top level folders in your account and move the incoming messages from the Inbox into these new folders if you want to archive them.

2. When moving around account folders (i.e. changing the order folders are shown on-screen) in The Bat! using the Ctrl+Shift+Cursor-keys, be very careful, or avoid doing that to begin with.

3. Finally, keep an eye on changing the properties of email accounts in The Bat!, don't needlessly change settings. Or it may lead to glitches.

Conclusion:
I think that my primary googlemail account's Inbox, i.e. its local files MESSAGES.TBB and MESSAGES.TBN, had some issue (as Support suggested), and all the fiddling about at some point fixed them and thus fixed the download of emails, i.e. no longer crashing The Bat!. Should you ever need to delete those two files, copy all the messages in the Inbox to another folder first though (again as Support suggested).

Hope all this will help someone else, one day. Thanks for to the folks here and Support for reading and the suggestions.
Edited: AEon - 10 September 2022 08:00:38

Its true I am not using Admin account,  and Bat internal browser doesnt work. But I finished auth via my browser and just copy token..
install vidmate
get-mobdroapk.com
Edited: karnaa hai - 09 December 2022 21:15:45

Hi, i have a v9 thebat release, but following the ritlabs guide for OAUTH2 login process, i only get the message "Errore 400: invalid_request". So i can't get the authorization code.

Any ideas?

bye thx.
Pages: Prev. 1 2 3