Pages: 1
RSS
v10.2: Gmail OAuth + return of the RichText HTML editor

Ritlabs has announced The Bat v10.2 today:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

We continue to improve the functionality and increase the stability of the 10th version of The Bat! email client. Today we have released the long-awaited new version The Bat! v10.2!

The new version features the good old editor RichText, which was used to create HTML messages in The Bat! versions up to 9.4. We have refined its certain functions and added it as an option to set the default message editor in the „Options → Preferences → Viewer/Editor” menu. Now The Bat! users have a good choice – they can either use the new HTML editor, which allows editing HTML source code, ins ert images fr om remote sources and offers all standard functions of an HTML editor (it is now called PureHTML in The Bat!), or create HTML messages in the RichText editor, which does not offer all the functions of a standard HTML editor, but is stable and reliable.

We keep up the work on the new HTML editor and we have added a number of fixes in v10.2. One of the important improvements is the new crop dialogue wh ere you can sele ct the settings of the image wrapping, border styles and insert a hyperlink to the image.

Not only the editor, but also the viewer was improved in the new version: we have updated the CEF version, which means that the HTML-messages will be displayed even better.

Important notice for the users of Gmail accounts. Starting with October 3, 2022 Google will block all third-party applications which are using the OAuth out-of-band (OOB) flow, including The Bat! This means that all The Bat! versions prior to the new v10.2 will not be able to authenticate in the dedicated popup window in order to get permissions to send and receive mail in the new accounts or in the accounts which require renewed permissions. The new The Bat! v10.2 performs this authentication via the localhost Redirect URI as it is now required by Google. So, after the update to the latest The Bat! version it will be possible to authenticate in Gmail accounts and get the needed permissions.

The email client The Bat! is meant to make the email management easy and effective and with each new version we strive to make it even better and are thankful to all the users for the trust and the incredible support!

For the detailed list of the improvements in the current release please refer to the entire list of changes.

Download The Bat! v10.2

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Source: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/news/7836/
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

The full list of changes in this update:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The Bat! v10.2
30 September 2022

Major improvements

• Google OAUTH is now performed via localhost Redirect URI as OOB redirection is going to be disabled by Google

New features

• RichText editor as a simpler to use HTML editor

Improvements

• Update CEF to v103
  • Crop function in the HTML editor moved to a dialog window
  • "Print" command was added to the contact's context menu
  • Now it is possible to define default address book in the new interface
  • "Select All" (Ctrl+A) command is now added for contacts list
  • Nickname field in contact properties is available in the new address book interface
  • New address book interface remembers last selected address book
  • Address group properties shows total number of contacts in this group

Fixes

• Many fixes in the HTML editor (now PureHTML)
  • Template could be inactivate in Pure HTML editor
  • The issue when address book list in external addition dialog couldn't be scrolled has been resolved
  • Old address book interface now properly updates after adding a new address group in the new interface
  • Rare crash after interface theme switch while new address book was open has been fixed
  • String overlap in contact properties selection popup is now fixed
  • Common quick templates are now selectable in mass-mailing dialog

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

The statement about OAuth seems to imply that those of us still on v9 will have trouble with Gmail. At least one of my accounts uses OAuth, unfortunately.

V 10.2 freezes at the end of two-factor authentication. I have gone back to V 10.0.5 to access email.

I had to upgrade to v10 after all, so I can access one of the OAuth-affected accounts. I still can't see images in Costco emails, but it looks like those are the only ones with a problem.

Despite purchasing “Home Edition 10.1 (64) in May this year where the splash screen says it’s valid until version 10.999 when I downloaded and tried to run version 10.2 a screen appeared showing the following message:

“Your current The Bat! registration key is not valid for The Bat 10.2. If you install the new version, it will turn into a 30 day trial mode.

Do you wish to open the website to purchase The Bat! 10.2 registration key and exit setup.”

Does anyone have any ideas as how I should proceed?  I'm NOT prepared to purchase again.

I assume the registration key is the couple of hundred random letters?

Thanks

David, I think you'd best ask Ritlabs, and include some details about your license so they can look it up.

Thank you.  I'll do that.

One thing I've noticed is that if I go to the Menu bar/Help/ and click Enter Registration Code a box appears which is empty.  I wonder if entering the random 100 or so character code that will do the trick?

I don't remember having had to enter the reg code when I upgraded from 6.8.8; I think I just copied the reg code to the clip board and The Bat did the rest.  As such I had two versions of TB and uninstalled the 6.8.8.

IIRC there have been two previous updates to vers 10, I installed them both but was NOT confronted with the warning box.

Please could other users look in Help/Enter Registration Code and see if their box is populated with a registration number, or if it is blank, the same as mine.

Thanks

David,

If I go to Help/Enter Registration Code, the box is blank. If I go to Help/About, then it shows me the thing about "Valid until version 10.999". However, I installed 10.2 to begin with. Anyway, I don't see a way to check your registration key.

Thank you Warner

I've received a very prompt reply from Ritlabs:

"Thank you for contacting us.

Please simply ignore this notification - your key is valid for v10.2 and for all v10.xxx versions.
Users get this notification due to a program error - we will fix it in the next version."

I managed to do what they ask but received a couple of warning boxes, one stating they were unable to create a short cut, the other that two CEF binaries are missing (swiftshader dll's).

Following installation my old shortcut icons launched ver 10.1.  I created a new shortcut icon from Windows/Program Files/TB which overcame the first warning.

Only when I launched 10.1 did I receive the dll warning box, now having removed the old (10.1) icons from my desktop and installed the new (10.2) icon when I launch 10.2 I don't get the warning box.

Success!

Unfortunately I can't understand the terminology regarding OAUTH as written above by Daniel "Google OAUTH is now performed via localhost Redirect URI as OOB redirection is going to be disabled by Google" but what I can say is that I can send and receive emails to and from a gmx account to a gmail account both held within TB!

Thanks again

Fixes
  • OAuth authentication did not work for @outlook.com email addresses
  • Search in the address book was not functional
  • Fixes in the RichText editor
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

George Salnik wrote:

Fixes  OAuth authentication did not work for @outlook.com email addresses
 Search in the address book was not functional
 Fixes in the RichText editor

I am interested if two bugs are fixed or not from v9.x:
1. When I press F6, SmartBat, the cursor is placed not under the newly created date/time line. Does the cursor go under the last line now?

2. When I press Ctrl+Shift+= in plain editor, it evaluates th emath formula I entered. It is broken in v9.4, I have to use Utilities/Evaluate menu. Problem with the shortcut they said. Is it fixed now, does the shortcut works?

Thanks, Vili

Vilmos Kertesz wrote:
2. When I press Ctrl+Shift+= in plain editor, it evaluates th emath formula I entered. It is broken in v9.4, I have to use Utilities/Evaluate menu. Problem with the shortcut they said. Is it fixed now, does the shortcut works?
It works
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Vilmos Kertesz wrote:
I am interested if two bugs are fixed or not from v9.x:1. When I press F6, SmartBat, the cursor is placed not under the newly created date/time line. Does the cursor go under the last line now?
Under

George Salnik wrote:
Vilmos Kertesz wrote:
I am interested if two bugs are fixed or not from v9.x:1. When I press F6, SmartBat, the cursor is placed not under the newly created date/time line. Does the cursor go under the last line now?
Under
Thanks George!

George Salnik wrote:
Vilmos Kertesz wrote:
It works
Many thanks for this, too! I upgrade

Vili

Vilmos Kertesz wrote:
George Salnik wrote:

Vilmos Kertesz  wrote:
 It works
Many thanks for this, too! I upgrade

Vili
S.it. I use Voyager, last version is 10.0.something.... made in June. I am sure these two bugs are not fixed in that version... :( Waiting now on v10.2.1 Voyager... Anyone has any idea when that will come out?

Vili  

Vilmos Kertesz wrote:
Many thanks for this, too! I upgradeVili

Yeah, both these things were broken as recently as v10.0.x, it's good to see they are fixed now. However, TB! devs seem lazy to document all fixes they make which is a shame, as they make it seem that much less is going on development-wise.
Pages: 1